Recipe - Veggie lentil Stew


Hi all,

I know, I know... "She's not eating - so how could she post all these dishes?" you might ask yourself!? Well, I guess I cooked more than I could actually update my blog with, so here is another dish I cooked BEFORE we went on the juice fast.

This dish is very hearty and filling, Parris and I totally loved it and on top it all, it is rather easy to cook!

All you need is:
  • 1 cup of red lentils
  • 5 medium sized, organic potatoes
  • 2 tea spoons of olive oil
  • 1/2 a red onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 cups of veggie broth (I like to take veggie broth instant powder and just pour boiled water from our water kettle over the food and instant broth)
  • 1 can of organic, diced tomatoes
  • cilantro (as much as you'd like - or skip it, if you don't like cilantro)

Peel 5 medium sized potatoes
Dice them up... 


Measure one cup of red lentils...
Cut 1/2 an onion into rings or "half rings" and cut
up the garlic clove and sizzle in pot with
olive oil until almost brown.


Toss in the potatoes, stir with the onions
and garlic and let the 
potatoes get a tiny bit of color.
Then put in the lentils and veggie
broth and cover with lid.
After approx. 15 minutes (when potatoes and
lentils are soft), add diced tomatoes
out of can to the stew....

... and also add cilantro.
YUMMMY!!!

Stir, let both the tomatoes and the cilantro
get warm for about 3-4 minutes and TATAAAA!!!


Enjoy!!!!





Comments

Popular Posts