To health and happiness

Hi there,

as many of my friends are asking me what I am doing on a daily basis to be happy and healthy, here are a few tips on simple food suggestions, supplements and exercises that keep me focused, happy and motivated.

Food
I make my own almond milk!
There are many, many recipes out there and some of them sound really yummy but seem to be a lot of work. So, I figured I should do it the easy, hassle free way!
All it takes it 2 hands full of either overnight soaked almonds or raw, roasted almonds, a blender and 1L of water. Blend everything for about 2 minutes and ta-taaaaa - Almond Milk. I don't mind the almond meal that sits in the bottom of the blender after it's all mixed but if you prefer to strain it through either a cheese cloth or a fine strainer, go ahead. We use it for our coffee, cereal and my favorite...

Chia seed breakfast!
Put 3-4 table spoons of chia seeds in a cereal bowl, cover with almond milk and stir them in so they are all covered with it. Then, take 1-2 table spoons of slivered almonds and stir them in as well. Place bowl in fridge and let is soak over night. In the morning, this has all turned into a chia seed pudding to which I like to add 2 table spoons of apple sauce and some cinnamon. Ta-taaaa - super healthy breakfast. I usually don't eat the whole bowl, so I just put it back in the fridge and have the rest the next morning. Super easy - literally takes 2 minutes to prepare!

Salads
I have at least one salad a day (yes, sometimes I even have a breakfast salad) ! I love to put tons of healthy veggies such as avocado, broccoli, chickpeas, radish, tomatoes and pumpkin seeds in it. Usually I have it for lunch at work because it's easy and I feel light and energized afterwards! No more 2PM "I want to take a nap" times. For dressings, I usually go simple with just freshly squeezed lemon and olive oil.

Supplements
Probiotics
Good digestion = happy Babo! So I have been taking {these vegan Probiotics} since the {Annual Juice Fast} back in January and it makes all the difference! I never thought probiotics would actually make me a happier person! But they do!

Magnesium
I take at least one to two 400mg Magnesium pills a day, depending on how much I work out and if I am sore or not. Also, ladies - no more cramps if you take your magnesium! I promise you! Also, many people suffering from insomnia and depression often times just have a magnesium insufficiency, so if you are suffering from either try loading up your system with deep green veggies (they have the most magnesium) and maybe try my favorite supplement {Calm}! It will change everything!

Vitamin C
I take at least 500mg of Vitamin C a day, if I feel tired or as if a cold is coming I take up to 1500mg. After watching {"Food Matters"} and learning about the impact Vitamin C can have on your health, I never forget to take it (and I haven't had a cold in over a year and 5 months!)

Exercises
Smile
Whenever you are on the train, by yourself, reading, listen to music - {SMILE}! By smiling, I simply mean, relax your face and put on the slightest bit of a smile. It will change your mood instantly!

Work out
It really doesn't take a lot - even just running or cycling for 30 minutes will change your mood and make  your body pour out these endorphins that will make you feel like a thousand bucks! You will be proud of yourself and be in a good mood for a long time. And another great benefit is, that you will sleep like a baby!

"Device - free - me - time"
I like to just sit on the train (yes, with that smile on my face - call me crazy) and look around and really be in my environment. No reading, no playing anything on any device. Just sit and look. Same when I walk to the train, I don't listen to music, I listen to the cars, the birds, other people talking, music playing somewhere, kids laughter or crying - it can be very soothing.


Comments

Popular Posts