Breaking a juice fast

Hey hey!

They say that breaking the fast is just as important as being on the actual fast. I actually think it is even more important, as your body has to slowly get used to digesting food again and dealing with "eliminating waste". So here's my guide as to how we break our fast. Keep in mind, that we fasted for a long time so our portions were relatively small and I hardly ever finished the entire portion after all.

For breakfast on Saturday, we had a grated apple, quickly heated in a sauce pan and topped with some unsweetened, all natural Anita's coconut yoghurt and a dash of cinnamon. It was so delicious, it actually tasted like pie! With that, we had a green juice as well as some English Breakfast tea.

For lunch, I heated up frozen vegetables which I had used to make vegetable broth during the fast to make a pureed vegetable soup. I simply added some herbs, half a Bou vegetable Bouillon cube and pureed the veggies with a immersion blender. Done  ✅!

For dinner, I roasted carrots, cauliflower and zucchini on a tray in the oven at 400F for about 35-40 minutes. I tossed the veggies in a big bowl, adde 2 tbs of olive oil, paprika, chimichurri spice mix, some black pepper and a dash of turmeric. I added some home made hummus, a 1/4 of an avocado and the roasted veggies to a bowl and topped it off with some scallions. It was such a delicious dinner - total party for my taste buds!

For the first 3-4 days, I didn't eat any heavy food, also stayed away from anything processed (bread, vegan cheese, tofu, meat substitutes, etc). I mostly ate vegetables, either roasted or steamed as well as salads and a bit of brown rice. In the mornings, I would usually only have a green juice as it was totally carrying me well into lunch before I was hungry again. I really am reminding myself to only eat when I am hungry, that I don't have to eat at certain times of the day and that I also don't have to eat, if Parris is hungry. Totally fine to cook for him and watch him eat!

Comments

Popular Posts