"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Premiere in NYC

So the other day Parris and I were invited to the U.S. premiere of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in New York City at the {Ziegfeld}Theatre. After the movie we went to the infamous {Oak Room} for the premiere party where we saw pretty much everyone who's in the movie (Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgard and Robin Wright - amongst others...).

Regarding the movie - I read all 3 books and watched the first Swedish movie online and I have to say compared to the books and the Swedish movie: the Hollywood version is just really boring. Daniel Craig is the only character that I found better than any other character in the Swedish version. I imagined Mikael Blomkvist to be just like him. But everyone else what just BLAH... It wasn't intense at all, rather boring indeed. And what I found most disturbing afterall was that Steven Zaillian, who wrote the screenplay, changed the story! For no reason...!

I just thought I'd share this with you! 




Comments

Beckerman Girls said…
I gotta SEE this movie stat! I've seen all of the original ones and I totally LOVED THEM! Lisbeth Salander kicks ALL ASSES!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com
Christie Ressel said…
Jeally -- I've heard good things about the movie. How fabulous that you were invited to the premiere!

Fashion Translated
Ari said…
I liked the US version a lot better than the swedish movie - especially as I imagined mikael to be quite handsome and as you mentioned, daniel craig really fits.
ps: love parris' shirt ;)

Popular Posts