Delicious home made bread!

Hi everyone!

I finally got around to making some bread last Sunday and I have to say it is absolutely delicious! The recipe it's quite easy and I'll list everything below so you can re-create it if you would like to. The dough is easy to make and handle and it makes two full capsules. I froze both of them because we still had some Ezekiel bread that we usually buy on Fresh Direct and only took it out of the freezer yesterday.

I used to make bread all the time but have been lagging in the last year. I really enjoy making bread, you see the immediate result, entire house smells delicious, and Parris absolutely loves it so that makes me extra happy. I just discovered this vegan cream cheese with scallions, it is so delicious on this bread.




Ingredients for two breads:


850g      soy flour
150g      quinoa and rice flour
2 packs  dry yeast
1 tbsp    salt
150g      sunflower seeds and flax seeds (mixed/total)
3 tbsp    coconut oil (melted)
200ml   water
2            ripe bananas


How to make the bread:

  • Mix all dry ingredients
  • Add the bananas by squishing them with your hands so there are only mushy junks
  • Add the oil, soy milk and water and knead it until it's a rather smooth dough.
  • Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes.
  • Then fill the dough into two well oiled bread forms and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 200 C (390F) and bake the bread for 20minutes.
  • Then turn back the heat to 180c (355F) and bake for 50mins.
  • Test the bread with a knife or needle until no wet dough sticks to it anymore.
Then let it cool off ideally over night and it's ready to enjoy!

Comments

IscheNYC said…
If I wanted to leave out the bananas to have a savory bread, how would I substitue or do I even have to?
Danke, Ari :)
WILDFIRE said…
You can totally just leave out the banana. It gives the bread a bit more moisture but I've made it without the banana and with herbs, too and it's just as wonderful.

Enjoy!

Popular Posts