Healthy 2018 or doing it again!

As you can see I’ve not been writing for quite a while! Mostly because I do like to write about nutrition and working out and none of these things have really been happening much for the past two years! In 2017 I took the summer off from work to recalibrate and reassess life and to just unwind and enjoy our home as well as traveling to Europe to see my family.

I took quite a few yoga classes at Jivamukti in New York as well as at our neighborhood yoga center Namastuy and really enjoyed it. Then I started running and training for a 5k while Parris and I were in the Hamptons for a month. I completed the 5k in early October 2 minutes under my goal time. Yet none of these routines really stuck so its time to get this 41-year old ass into shape.

Today is the second day of our juice fast, we prepped with two weeks of vegan and grain free nourishing food. Despite me not intending to drink at all during the two weeks, I did indeed have a few glasses of Prosecco as well as red wine, but I'm definitely not beating myself up over it. I already feel so much better, getting really deep and long night sleeps and enjoying the prospect of a healthy 2018. I have set my goals which I'll share with you at a later point in time. For now I just want to become better at documenting the journey, so here's to health and happiness with a #nofilter picture of me from yesterday - official 1st Day of the Juice Fast!




Comments

Popular Posts